Take care when laying a new roof
When working on a roof, it is important for you to have plenty of space to move about and for good safety measures to be in place. For example, remember to:
- Remember to make sure you have the number of roof tiles that you need for the roof.
- The roof merges into the module dimensions of the roof tiles, e.g. when making minor changes to the size of the eaves and/or the pitch of the roof, and to keep the cutting of tiles to a minimum.
- Working on roofs, e.g. replacing skylights externally, is covered by the rules on roofs.
- There are various requirements for cordoning off and securing (fall protection) depending on the nature of the work, the pitch of the roof, etc.
- Fall protection in the form of a harness is used unless another option is available.