Protective equipment: Watch out for dust
When you drill and cut construction elements and road surfaces, these give off dust which is harmful to health. You should ideally avoid inhaling this – or, in a worst-case scenario, restrict your inhalation of it as far as possible.
Dust can be kept to a minimum by:
- Better planning so that drilling is carried out on as few occasions as possible
- Use tools that create less dust
- Always use respiratory protection
- When working for more than three hours, use respiratory protection with an air supply
- When working for less than three hours, use filtering respiratory protection
- Use a P2 filter as a minimum.
- Always read the instructions for use supplied