When laying and installing cables
- You must not lay cables directly on the ground. Cables must be protected in areas where there are people, both walking past and in vehicles.
- When laying cables in the ground, you must take into account other existing supply cables (or cables to be installed during the construction process).
- You must always take into account other work or installations to be fitted later.
- Temporary installation cables and sheathed cables can be laid in the ground at a depth of at least 35 cm. They must be covered with approved cable covers or laid in conduits.
- The cable from the mains to the main cabinet must be specially protected against mechanical overload.
- All extension cables must have an earth connection.
Find out lots more here:
Manual for the safety group (in particular pp. 107-122)