Facts on roadworks with no-work zones
Roadworks on less busy roads, or mobile works can be made safe by implementing a no-work zone. A no-work zone means:
- Creation of an area of 1 metre between the traffic and the work site.
- This zone must be kept free of materials, and no work may take place there.
- The zone must be clearly marked as a work site.
- The barriers must consist of a transverse barrier against the traffic and a longitudinal barrier between the traffic and the workers.
- The no-work zone must be clearly marked.