Find out how you can reduce heavy work and strained working positions.
- Raise the scaffolding for every 1 metre.
- Foundations and shelves – plan your work so that you avoid working below knee height.
- Use stone corbels with 80 stones and place them on raised palls at the work site.
- Brickwork construction under overhangs, balconies and floors – make sure you do not lay bricks above shoulder height.
- Brickwork construction in enclosed spaces – as far as possible, use technical aids and make sure there is a good transport route to and from the room.
- Bricklayer’s tubs – raise the tub, ideally using a stand.
- Cutting bricks – use tools which take the strain off your back and shoulders.
- Activation and stirring of mortar – use a mechanical, cable-free tool operated with two hands, e.g. a stirrer with a fitted mixer.
Find out more: